Friday, May 15, 2020

3/15/2020 Ten Things of Thankful

Photo: A red heart hangs from a wire. "Ten Things of Thankful" is written to the left of the heart.
This is my second week of participating in the Ten Things of Thankful event. After reading their announcements, it looks like they are gearing up to celebrate Seven Years of doing their TToT. How fun is that!!! 

Thank you or the warm welcome and the comments left from my first post...I feel the love already!!! 

Thinking about things that I am thankful for this week the list looks like this: 

1. My family (I'm now able to be around my youngest grandson once again. I have been on strict quarantine since the 1st of March due to being extremely sick. He turned 3 months old this last Wednesday).  Meet Caiden Oliver Hays. 

2. The beautiful birds in the backyard. We have placed two DIY bird baths and bird feeders in the yard. I enjoy sitting and watching the Cardinals, the Blue jays and, the Doves. There are also other types of birds. They all bring a smile to my face. 

3. We created a memory garden for my mom. I planted several types of flowers in it. We ventured out to Hobby Lobby last weekend and I picked up two rabbits from the Easter Clearance 80% off aisle to place in it. I'm thankful the flowers that were planted are beginning to peek through the dirt. (I thought we lost them before we placed the bricks around due to them being whacked by the weed eater). Each week, I am going to add more color. I'm in the process of making another bird feeder to put near the wheelbarrow too! 


4. I'm getting my mojo back with regards to crafting. The joy of doing so had been sucked out of my last year due to a life situation...slowly, I am finding joy in crafting again. That was obvious last week when I made the Memory Album for my mom to honor her memory for Mother's Day. Here is a canvas I created a few weeks back just piddling around...the flower is a napkin. 


5. I'm excited to meet new friends through blogging and social media. Only to learn that possibly we may even be cousins - even if it's distant, I love it!!! I'm very thankful for the new friendships. 

6. Something I don't take for granted is life. I'm very thankful today I live and breathe. I owe all my gratitude to my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ. (This is a glue book I made for another challenge I am in participating in called, Self-Love).


7. Journaling has been something I have done for most of my life. Never in a million years did I think it was blogging. I'm thankful a friend was very persistent with me last year to start my own blogging journey. It has opened a whole new world for me. Still a newbie at it though and I'm sure, my style isn't like many others. That's okay. That's why we are all UNIQUE! 

8. Walking with my ancestors - I get excited every day when I make new connections by way of DNA matches. Just this morning, I received an email from a person on my mom's paternal lines that I don't know much about. My heart jumped up and down with excitement. I'm thankful for the family connections of total strangers. 

9. Love -- I'm still navigating this one after a life situation last year. I am thankful though I know the power of forgiveness. 

10. Thankfulness - there was a time I wasn't thankful for anything. I carried the chips on my shoulder and was mad at everyone because of life situations. Today, I can honestly say - - I am VERY thankful for many people and many things in life. I call those tribulations the 'stumbling blocks in life which I have turned into steppingstones". 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#TenThingsofThankful, #TToT, #thankfulness, #life, #breath, #selfimage, #gratitude, #friendships, #reflection, #inspiration

7 comments:

  1. Your grandson is so cute, and I am so glad you are able to be around him now. The memory garden is such a great idea. Sometimes it does take a while to get the mojo back to resume certain things.Yeah! I feel your excitement in #8. I agree with your #10. Sometimes it takes a while to even realize how blessed one is for the lessons not yet realized from going through a tribulation, while other times one knows almost instantly what the lesson is and the feeling of gratitude is overwhelming. Glad you came back to join in with the TToT group again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you again! I sent you a friend request on Facebook; I would love to message you about relativefinder.org. Dyanne and I discovered we are distant cousins using relativefinder. I would be happy to send you an invite, if Dyanne hasn't already. (You will need a familysearch account if you don't already have one. It's free.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome (again) to the TToT.
    As to places to start (or rather, frequent when starting out in the blogosphere) I cannot think of a better place the Ten Things. of Thankful bloghop.
    A bunch of very talented bloggers (I, for one, have learned most of what I know about blogging from them) and a supportive environment.
    As a friend years ago used to say, 'you cain't never go wrong'.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable baby! Love your pictures. Daughter and I participate in the sketchbook activity Facebook group. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious little one! Your post is very uplifting and joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pictures of Caiden! He's so stinkin' cute! I like to bird watch, too, but not as much as the three cats at my house! They were running from window to window when a blue jay was scolding them from right outside. Your "piddling around" crafts are amazing, too. You are too creative, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list. We share the same habits. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...