Thursday, May 14, 2020

Day 14 - A Song I Would Have Liked Played at My Wedding

Here we are on day 14 in the Song Challenge hosted by The Mommie's Review (Glenda Cates).
The daily prompt was "name a song you would have liked played at your wedding".

I got remarried in September1994 after the birth of my youngest daughter. She was six months old. I had been a single mom of 2 for almost four years until she was born.

I decided that since I had eloped at seventeen with my first marriage of thirteen years, I wanted 'the' wedding I had not ever had. (this marriage wasn't out of love but from a place of escaping family chaos).

Both my soon to be husband and I was on the Praise Team at the church we attended. We had the ceremony on a Wednesday night during the actual church service. It was beautiful.

We were surrounded by friends and family. I felt like Cinderella. I was happy! (it's funny that this was the theme for today because I found all of the wedding photos just the other day - do I keep them or throw them away). LOL



A song I wanted to be played at my wedding was Endless Love by Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey.


CREDIT: YouTube and Luther Vandross

I've always liked Luther Vandross' music and Mariah Carey had been at the top of my list for many years. Endless Love would have been perfect for such an occasion.

The marriage didn't last long due to choices made by the other party and that's what started my downward spiral where mental health issues were concerned.

My fairytale wedding was very short-lived and I found myself once again now a single mother of three.

Does true love really exist? I'm beginning to think it does not...

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)


#Songchallenge, #music, #EndlessLove, #LutherVandross, #MariahCarey, #day14, #challenge, #life, #marriage, #weddings, #memories


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful song, sorry your weddings were short lived. But yoy have endless love with your children and now you grandbaby 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the wrong person to ask if true love really exists because I'm not sure it does.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...