Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Day 25 - What is Your Favorite Nighttime Routine - Self Love

Day 25 in the Self-Love Challenge hosted by Pinkmama's Place/Pam Allen wanted us to write about 'our favorite nighttime routine'. Honestly, I do not really have one. 

My husband usually goes to bed between 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. so I take advantage of the nighttime quietness to work on my family tree or peruse new DNA matches. I am NOT one who can hit the sack when the sun is still up. Unless I am not feeling good - then it is rather easy for me to lay down and close my eyes to sleep. 

I love genealogy and most days, there are so many interruptions that when I sit down to work on my tree - the telephone rings or a knock comes at the door. I do not get much accomplished during the day, so I started working on it in the evening. 

I say good night to my hubs, grab a glass of tea, venture off to my crafting/genealogy room, and turn on Pandora to one of my preset channels. I grab my pen, my spiral, and away I go to walk with my ancestors. 

I find it very relaxing for the most part and when I get on a hot trail, I lose all sense of time. There have been those mornings where I hear my husband's alarm going off. I know at that point; it is time for me to shut things down and get some rest. 

I enjoy sitting in the quietness of the house in the evening. Many times, I am thinking about the day or what I need to do for the remainder of the week. Sometimes though, just being able to sit still and JUST BE does tremendous things for the body, soul, and spirit. 

This Self-Love Challenge has had its ups and downs with my emotions. It has done some squeezing, that is for certain. This is a good thing though. Participating in this challenge has given me the opportunity of processing a few things that I had just stuffed away. I used to be good at stuffing things back in the day. That is one reason I had the breakdown back in 1996 after my miscarriage. I stuff things from way back in the day as a small child into my teen years. I held all those hurts, those pains, those feelings inside. Not anymore...I deal with them. Face to face...I must have peace and peace of mind. 

My routines today consist of taking care of myself first and foremost! Whether it is in the morning, throughout the day or at night...Self-Love - after all, that is what this challenge is about. 

What are your favorite nighttime routines? 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)


#Selflovechallenge, Challenge, #life, #selfworth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...