Saturday, May 30, 2020

Day 30 - A Song That Reminds You of Yourself

I am invincible, unbreakable
Unstoppable, unshakable
They knock me down, I get up again
I am the champion
You're gonna know my name
You can't hurt me now
I can't feel the pain
I was made for this, yea, I was born to win
I am the champion



These words from Carrie Underwood's song, The Champion is exactly how I have felt in life. 

Here we are on the 30th day in the Song Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review and the daily prompt wanted us to name a song that reminds us of us. (now that's a mouthful!)

I recall when I first heard The Champion, I thought to myself - it said everything I had felt for so many years. "they knock me down; I get up again". Even though at times I felt like I just wanted to stay down, I could not. I knew I was a fighter - not the kind that fights, but a person who is resilient, who is a go-getter, a person who does when she is told she can't. Yes, I am a champion!!! 

All my life I have had to fight my way through to survive life. From the moment I was born my will to be a champion was there. I didn't give up when life knocked me down. 



        The C is for the courage I possess through the drama
H is for the hurt but it's all for the honor
                A is for my attitude working through the patience
 ...M is for the motivation                               
...the P is to persevere                                           
   The I is for integrity                                               
The O is optimistic, open and never shut            
and the N is necessary cause I'm never giving up         
...I just did it from the heart


Life dealt me a hand that I had to play. Many of the choices took me down paths I wouldn't want to repeat today, but it is what has made me strongerMore confidentMore resilientMore independentMore determined than ever to fight through the muck of daily living. 

Carrie Underwood's song, The Champion is an immensely powerful one if a person will stop and really process the words in it. For me, it gives me hope that I CAN be, and I AM a Champion. 

A few days ago, I wrote about the mindset we carry is a powerful thing. It is up to each one of us whether we stand up and fight for what we want or believe in or just put our heads down and bury it in the sand. I'm definitely not the latter of the two...tell me I can’t, and I will set out to show you I CAN. That is how it's been in my life since I was a little girl. 

DETERMINATION

If my mom was still living today, she would tell you that about me. She knew I was a fighter from the moment I was born. Today, when I get knocked down - I get back up. Nothing and no one is going to keep me down. Not on my watch!!! 




CREDIT: YouTube and Carrie Underwood ft. Ludacris

The next time life deals you a hand that creates a lot of self-doubts and stuff - play Carrie's song, "The Champion" - feel it, believe it, apply it to your life because you ARE a CHAMPION!!!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#Songchallenge, #day30, #challenge, #blogging, #TheChampion, #determination, #life, #CarrieUnderwood, #Ludacris, @themommiesreview








2 comments:

  1. This song has a great message for many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed Carrie's career for ever it seems and Les and I have a bunch of her CD's and so does my friend Karlee but none of us had remembered this song. Which has been added to my playlist for the days when I am feeling down.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...