Friday, May 15, 2020

Day 15 - A Song I Like That is a Cover by Another Artist

We are at the halfway point in the Song Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review/Glenda Cates.

The daily prompt is "name a song that I like that is a cover by another artist". 

I chose Blue Suede Shoes by Carl Perkins. Considered one of the first rockabilly songs, incorporating elements of blues, country, and pop music. Perkins recorded the song in 1955.


Perkins' original version of Blue Suede Shoes was on the Cashbox Best Selling Singles list for 16 weeks and landed in the number two spot for two weeks.

Carl Perkins' "Blue Suede Shoes" was covered by rock 'n' roll pioneers, such as Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran, and Elvis Presley.  (Wikipedia)


Presley recorded "Blue Suede Shoes" in 1956 and it was the opening track on his debut album, Elvis Presley (1956). 


Well, it's one for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Now go, cat go


CREDIT: YouTube

I never got tired of watching Presley's movies or listening to him belt out those songs. He was my heartthrob as a teenager...I could sit and watch him jiggle that leg as he sang all day long. 

Enjoy! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#songchallenge, #music, #Bluesuedeshoes, #Elvis, #CarlPerkins, #entertainment, #challenge, 




1 comment:

  1. I was never an Elvis fan but I did enjoy some of his songs. This was one of then.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...