Thursday, May 14, 2020

Day 13 - When Do You Feel Most Loved? Self-Love Challenge


I am participating in the Self Love Challenge hosted by Pinkmama's Place/Pam Allen. Today we are on day 13. The prompt was "when do you feel most loved"? 

If I have said it once, I have said it multiple times - this challenge has squeezed me on several of the prompts. I am finding myself processing emotions and places in my heart that once were not an issue. Thanks, Pinkmama's Place!!! LOL

Ruminating over the daily prompt, my mind thinks about different times in my life. For instance, participating also in the Song Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review, we were supposed to name a song we would have liked played at our wedding. I found several photos of my marriage in 1994 the other day. I immediately thought about that time in my life. I was incredibly happy, and I felt very loved. Sadly, all those feelings were short very short-lived. 

I also thought about the times I gave birth to my three beautiful children. I fell instantly in love with them and they with me. Again, life has happened and the older two are no longer a part of my life. Their choices... (sometimes I wonder if I am the problem). Why can't I be loved the way I give love? 

Answering this question “when do I feel the most loved” today is exceedingly difficult at this season in my life. If you had posed this question to me in the first quarter of 2019 - I could have without a doubt answered it quickly. Today, it is quite challenging, to say the least. HONESTLY!!! I have people in my life who say they love me - who have also hurt me to the core...how do I trust that? Do they ever gain my trust again? It is hard...

People have conditions for love...I am no exception. All who are a part of my life, all have conditions on their love for me...I think the only way I will get around this question is to 'love myself for me'. At least this way, I am accountable for my feelings, my actions, and my choices.  I will not feel the betrayal of the blindside or hear the lies that come from choices made by others. Especially when they have been called out on them. I cannot tell you how irate lies make me feel...I despise them with a burning passion. They hurt, they destroy, and they kill the innermost parts of a person's heart. 

When I feel the most loved is when I am at peace with myself. When I have a clear understanding of my choices and when I hold myself accountable for my own actions. That is WHEN I feel most loved...on one hand, that is sad and on the other – it is self-preservation for my sanity. 

I wish I could trust when others say they 'love' me, but I have been hurt one too many times by those who are supposed to love me. For now, the only love I trust is that of my Heavenly Father...He will sustain me until I take my last breath. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)




#SelfLoveChallenge, #selflove, #selfimage, #trusting, #storytelling, #iinspiration, #trust, #Love, @pinkmamasplace, @themommiesreview, #heart, #forgiveness, #blogging




1 comment:

  1. I understand what you're feeling and why but Charlie 2I love you. We would never hurt you or lie to you. Because I've been were you are and I hate it..

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...