Sunday, May 3, 2020

Self Love

May 3, 2020, it is Day 3 in the Self Love Challenge and the daily prompt is - List 3 Ways You Will Show Self Love Today

This is actually very hard for me to do. Especially when it's for myself. But here it goes...

One of the things I did today for self-love was rest. I have been extremely sick for the last two months with Environment Asthma, RSV, and COVID 19. Although I am feeling much better, I still have the cough, the wheezing, and get extremely tired with little to no exertion. 

My daughter and her family (husband and newborn son) have been staying with us for the last two days because their air conditioner went out at their house. Although they have had it looked at, it continues not to cool things down to their liking. With the newborn baby, they cannot be in the house when it is showing 83 degrees inside and over 90 degrees outside. According to the technician, the motor went out. They are hoping to have it up and running again in the next day or two. 

With the kids and the two grand fur babies here, I have been able to play with my grandson. He has changed so much since the last time I was around him at two weeks old the latter part of February. He is cooing a great deal now and has found his hands. I enjoy sitting on the couch and watching him play with his toys and cooing at Nonnie (that's me)! 

Another thing I did today for self-love was having some quiet time. The kids got out for a little bit while their son was sleeping, and I took advantage of that time too. I was able to self-reflect on life and things going on around me. It is amazing how much peace one can feel when they are at peace within themselves. I can just BE!

The last thing I did for self-love today was to wear a new shirt. I cannot remember the last time I bought myself a new shirt. The color of the shirt is not the norm for me, it was Coral. I like it!!! 

Self-love is a must anymore in my world. Whether it is getting in my car and taking a drive out in the country or crafting with the music playing in the background. There are so many things I do for self-love. 


CREDIT: YouTube and Leslie Phillips


The house is quiet now. Everyone has turned in for the evening and I'm sitting in my craft room catching up on a few things.  I'm listening to Leslie Phillips on Pandora, "Strength of My Life". The last time I played this song was in the early '90s. It is off of her album, "Dancing with Danger", 1984. 

This particular song resonates with me on so many levels... in this very moment, I'm having a  moment full of tears. It comes after a conversation my family had earlier this evening.


I just don't understand how people can be so cold, unforgiving and judgemental. Especially those we call family...


I just need to breathe, give thanks to my Heavenly Father, and know that everything is in His hands...


Self-love doesn't come easy for me, but I try. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020) 


#SelfLoveChallenge, #selfreflection, #peace, #family, #memories, #selfcare, #strength, #pinkmamasplace

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture in the post and I will have to look up this song and the Artist as I hadn't heard of them. I hope your feeling better and remember you don't have to deal with negativity. You can remove people and that is something I am working on.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...