Thursday, May 28, 2020

Day 28 - A Song By An Artist Whose Voice I Love

dAy 28 in the Song Challenge - - are we doing the happy dance yet? How about humming a tune?

I know I have hummed a few songs. I belted out a few verses and reminisced some memories this month with some of my posts and reading of other posts by others who are participating in this Challenge. Surely I am not alone...

As we inch closer to the end of the month the daily prompt today for DAY 28 was 'name a song by an artist whose voice I love'. 

Let me think about this a few minutes as I like many artists and their voices. Can you hear the wheels turning in my brain yet? LOL


The song I chose for today is "One Moment In Time" by Whitney Houston. This song was the theme song for the 1988 Olympics held in Seoul, South Korea. This particular song was Houston's 3rd Number one song on the singles charts in the UK. It was written by Albert Hammond and John Bettis, produced by Narada Michael Walden. The song was released by Arista Records on  August 27, 1988.

The song's melody was inspired by timeless figure Elvis Presley. Hammond envisioned Presley singing it at the opening of the 1988 Olympic Games.

Whitney Houston sang the song live at the main ceremony. The track is an anthem of believing in yourself against all odds. (excerpts was taken from Wikipedia)

I wonder how many today in 2020 feels like this song is their anthem of believing in self? "One moment in time/when I'm racing with destiny/Then, in that one moment of time, I will feel eternity."

Living through the Coronavirus Pandemic in 2020, I suppose we all might feel like we are racing against time and even destiny for some. 


As you go through the rest of your day, ask yourself this question, "What would you do with one more moment in time"?





CREDIT: YouTube, Whitney Houston


As I think about the words, "each day I live, I want to be, a day to give the best of me, I'm only one, but not alone, my finest day is yet unknown. I broke my heart, fought every gain - to taste the sweet, I faced the pain. I rise and fall, yet through it, all this much remains - I want one moment in time" - for me, realizing that my inner resilience has been what has carried me through many difficult situations at times. As I look back at those moments in time today, I smile because I am a 'winner'! 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#SongChallenge, #Destiny, #Day28, #music, #OneMomentInTime, #WhitneyHouston, #reflection, #resilience, #life, @TheMommiesReview

2 comments:

  1. This has been a fun challenge. I'm hearing songs that slepped my mind but now remembering them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more moment for me I would want to spend with C making sure he knew how much I love him.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...