Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 18 - A Song From the Day I Was Born


I'm still playing catch up in the Song Challenge hosted by The Mommies Review/Glenda Cates, the daily prompt was "Name a Song From the Day You Were Born". 

Well, according to Birthdayjams, the #1 Song on October 12, 1962 was Sherry by the Four Seasons. 


CREDIT: YouTube and The Four Season

According to Wikipedia, Frankie Valli romanced the 60s. What a Story. Frankie Valli, who came to fame in 1962 as the lead singer of the Four Seasons, is hotter than ever in the 21st century. Thanks to the volcanic success of the Tony-winning musical Jersey Boys, which chronicles the life and times of Frankie and his legendary group, such classic songs as "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Walk Like a Man", "Rag Doll," and "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of  You" are all the rage all over again. 

Looking at all of those song titles, my mind immediately starts playing them in my head. For instance, "Walk Like a Man" - I remember it being played in Mrs. Doubtfire. That show was one of my all-time favorite movies when it came out. I watched it non stop for several days...I'm not sure what it was, but I enjoyed it. Robin Williams was truly an amazing artist. 

Let's go back to the song of the day, Sherry.  Did you know that Frankie Valli wasn't the birth name of this music legend? It was actually Francesco Castelluccio. Frankie was asked where his music name came from and this was his reply, "I had a manager that thought that Castelluccio was too long and no one would understand it. At that time, he could've called me anything he wanted as long as I was getting this shot."

When asked about the Four Seasons group name, Frankie Valli replied, "Well it was called so many names. It was everything from The Varitones to The Romans to The Topics to The Village Voices. And there were some names we can't use on radio that might upset a lot of people."

The sound of the vocals that Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons had was incredible. Frankie's ability to sing in the higher registers with his falsetto was amazing. During an interview, Frankie was asked why he always sang in the up there, he replied with "I don't know. You know, I thought everyone had falsetto. And since I wasn't a schooled singer who studied with anybody, I just thought anybody who had a voice could do anything they wanted with their voice. Not until much later on in life did I realize I had been blessed with an incredible range, and then I saw it from a different perspective."

I could sit and listen to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons for hours on end. October 12, 1962, and Sherry will go down in the books. 

Too bad my name wasn't Sherry - that would have been so cool. 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)


#Songoftheday, #challenge, #Music, #FourSeasons, #memories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...