Monday, May 11, 2020

Day 9 - Self Love Challenge

Today I'm playing catch up on a few blog posts that I didn't get too over the weekend. I have a good reason for missing them. I was spending time and catch up with my youngest grandson, Caiden.

You see, I've been extremely sick since the middle of February, hospitalized for two and half weeks, and have recently come off of strict quarantine due to RSV and COVID 19. Yea, it's been a crazy few months, to say the least!

The prompt for Day 9 in the Self Love Challenge that Pinkmama's Place / Pam Allen is putting on was "What Is Your Biggest Achievement"?

ONE: giving birth to three beautiful children

TWO: Being true to self. Forgiving myself for all of the failures I've had in life. There are still a few areas that I'm working on and will be until I come to the place of acceptance for them. They pertain to family and I have to say, I've been hurt deeply and just trying to work through all that has proven to be difficult at times.

Guilt keeps trying to creep in and I am in a constant battle with self. I have to come to terms with that I cannot control other's actions, choices, or decisions and that I'm ONLY responsible for my own actions regardless of how it affects me. Easier said than done some days...

THREE: Being able to hold my head high and not look back at the journey life has dealt in a negative manner. If anyone has a reason to stay in the bed, bury her head in the sand, not give a hoot about anyone or anything - I could check all of those boxes off in an instance. But that's NOT me...I feel good about who I am today. Where I've come and what I'm about...

I've been able to turn those stumbling blocks of life into stepping stones. It's made me stronger. It's made me a better person and it's shown me that I am a stronger and more resilient individual than I give myself credit for.

I am reminded of a little song we used to sing in church. He's still working on me...yes, He is. Daily and thank goodness or I would be a miserable individual!

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#SelfLoveChallenge, @pinkmamasplace, #acceptance, #love, #inspiration, #HOPE, #blogging, #selfworth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...