Thursday, May 7, 2020

Day 6 - 3 Things I am Thankful For

May 6, 2020


Today in Pinkmama's Place Self-Love Challenge, the prompt was "Name 3 things I AM Thankful For". 

I am thankful for my FAMILY, FRIENDSHIPS, AND FORGIVENESS. 


FAMILY - If I can be brutally honest, at times I have a love/hate relationship with my family. They haven't always been supportive of me, protected me, or loved me the way I feel families should. I know at times I haven't always been the loving daughter, caring mother, or understanding person. Family is family, regardless. Families are made from the heart.

The family is supposed to protect. I have felt abandoned by mine. The family is supposed to forgive. Mine holds grudges and doesn't let the past go. The family is supposed to love. My family always puts conditions on their love for me. Yes, it is quite sad, to say the least...but I didn't have the opportunity of choosing my family, it was chosen for me. Family isn't supposed to cause heartache and hurts. I've lost count how many times my family has ripped my heart into a million pieces. The family is supposed to be trustworthy. I will leave this right here.

I would move mountains for my family if I could. My love runs deeper than oceans for them. I have forgiven family so many times. I wished they did the same for me. I will always love my family regardless of the pain and angst they have caused me at times. My love isn't conditional. That will never change...doesn't mean I like them!


"Family is where life begins & love never ends"

FRIENDSHIPS - I'm very grateful for the people I call friends. They are the ones who have lifted me up when I've been down. They are the ones who have been my constant when others choose not to be around. Friendships are very valuable. A true friend can tell you the brutal truth and yet, nothing changes in the relationship.


"A true friend knows your weakness, but reminds you of your strengths"
                                                                                             ~I like to quote.com~

FORGIVENESS - Forgiveness means many different things to different people. For me, forgiveness means not holding grudges or resentment. Forgiveness doesn't mean reconciliation. Forgiveness is compassion. Forgiveness doesn't mean a person can continue to say I'm sorry over and over without any true repentance or change in their actions, words, or choices. Forgiveness doesn't mean to do a person wrong. Forgiveness is love. Forgiveness is understanding. Forgiveness is all-encompassing. Forgiveness means true repentance. Forgiveness means peace and peace of mind. Forgiveness means moving forward. Forgiveness means building relationships. Forgiveness doesn't mean a person can forget, but they can move forward after true forgiveness is given.


"Forgiveness is a difficult process. But it's easier if you forgive yourself first"
                                                                                 ~Anonymous~





Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020


Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)


#selflovechallenge, #day6, #love, #forgiveness, #family, #thankful, #pinkmamasplace, #inspiration, #life


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...