Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 12 - A Song From Your Pre-Teen Years

Today in the Song Challenge, we are on day 12.

The prompt was, "Name a Song from Your Pre-Teen Years". Oh my, I racked my brain trying to figure out songs from those years...I must admit, I had to cheat. Once I saw a few of the songs, my memory immediately went to summer days at the swimming pool. Band practice. Orchestra practice. Cheerleader tryouts. You get the picture, right?

The song I chose from my pre-teen years would be, The Night Chicago Died.

This song was sung by the British group, Paper Lace, written by Peter Callender and Mitch Murray. The song reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1974, reached number 3 on the UK charts and, number 2 in Canada. (Wikipedia)

The song is about a fictional shootout between the Chicago Polic and members of the Al Capone Syndicate.

CREDIT: YouTube

You may recognize other songs sung by Paper Lace. They include Billy - Don't Be A Hero; We Got The Whole World In Our Hands; So What If I Am; Love Song and others.

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#SongChallenge, #songoftheday, #music, #challenge, #PaperLace, #songs, #memories, #Preeteenyears, #chicago

2 comments:

  1. I didn't listen to the radio when I was a pre-teen, we didn't even have one! LOL My daily prompt sayd song from your wedding day.... I was a teen though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that song -- but actually didn't know that it was about Capone. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...