Saturday, May 23, 2020

Ten Things of Thankful

As I sit here and think about the Ten Things of Thankful (TToT), the first thing that comes to mind is what this weekend represents. Memorial Daya day on which those who died in active military service are remembered.

Thank you to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and safety. 

Here we are looking at Memorial Weekend 2020. What a difference twelve months makes. 

I bet if we had taken a survey this time last year about how this year would look - no one would have said the Coronavirus Pandemic. It is crazy, isn't it...? 

As I sit here thinking about all that I am thankful for I'm honored that my father served in the Navy during World War II
My dad, Melvin Royce Moore
Seaman First Class, Navy

Doctor after doctor told my daughter she would never conceive a child. After two very emotional and heartbreaking miscarriages, she and her husband welcomed into their lives a very healthy baby boy in February of this year. His name is Caiden. I'm very thankful for all three of them. 




I'm thankful for my health. In all honesty, I shouldn't be among anyone anymore. (I have survived a suicide attempt, Thyroid Cancer, Stage 3 almost 4; an Esophageal Rupture that landed me in the ICU and on life support for 47 days, and on a strict liquid diet for over 9 months); a horrific Thyroid Storm; many horrific Environmental Asthma Exacerbations that landed me in the hospital for weeks at a time; RSV and the latest, COVID19). 

I'm thankful for my friends. Too many to name. They have been my constant when everyone else turns shuns me. 

I'm thankful for "new" family connections. Just this last week, I connected with 4 new cousins. 3 of them via DNA matches. One of them is from my mom's father's lines and lives in Mississippi. She is over eighty years old. My heart is full of joy as she has been able to tell me stories of my 3rd great grandfather. I wished my mom was here so I could tell her all that I've learned...my mom would always ask me, 'well - have you learned anything else about our family"? Love you mom...sure do miss you!!! 

I'm thankful for the opportunity of being a part of TToT. Everyone is warm and very kind. I have met some amazing 'new' friends here. 

I'm thankful for the beauty of our world. Every day, just being able to enjoy the flowers, the birds, the scenery and landscapes that grace our cities and towns is just amazing. 


I'm thankful for LOVE, HOPE, and DREAMING


Last but not least, I'm thankful I can smile again...


Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)



#TenThingsofThankful, #TToT, #thankfulness, #life, #inspiration, #HOPE, #uplifting, #beautyofitall, #MemorialDay2020, #RememberingThoseWhoHaveFallen, #theultimatesacrifice





10 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the grandbaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for our friendship and for your journey into Blogging and for always helping C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is crazy! Congratulations to your daughter and her husband. They must be over the moon :) At the end of the day, it is about family, health and staying connected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is a journey and each one of us has a journey unique for us. You are a survivor and here to enjoy that new grandson! How exciting that you are able to hear stories about your great grandfather. Making those connections with others who descend from the same ancestors is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Pat!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am definitely glad to be holding our new grandson once again.

      Yes, the stories of my great grandfather are priceless.

      I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. Excellent TToT!*
    Have an excellent(er) week ahead.

    *really enjoy those who can not only write a grat list that covers a wide range of (one's) life, but to do it in such a way to convey a sense of the reality of the writer.
    very cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list! So amazing that you can hear stories about your 3rd great-grandfather!
    I'm thankful you are part of the TToT community, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for your grandchild! So happy you came by!

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...