Sunday, May 3, 2020

Day 2 - A Song I like with Numbers In It


Saturday marked the 2nd day of the Song Challenge I am participating in. The daily challenge was to name a song that had numbers in it. 

I posted this question on my main Facebook wall and the songs started coming in...many I don't even know.  LOL - - 

Although there are many songs with numbers in them, the one that came to mind immediately was "Knock, Three Times" by Tony Orlando and Dawn. I remember going to the skating rink as a teenager on Friday or Saturday nights and this song would play. 

Hey, girl what ya doin' down there?
Dancin' alone every night 
While I live right above you

I can hear your music playin'
I can feel your body swayin' 
One floor below me
You don't even know me, I love you

Oh, my darling, knock three times
on the ceiling if you want me
Twice on the pipe
if the answer is no

The above lyrics are an excerpt from the song.

Everyone on the rink would knock their skates to the music. I can see it and hear it as I'm writing this. Those were fun times back in the day...' knock three times on the ceiling if you want me', twice on the pipe if the answer is no'. 

Yes, good times indeed. 

CREDIT: YouTube and Tony Orlando & Dawn

Yes, skating around in circles on that skating rink was the thing back then. I remember seeing the girls with the pom poms on their skates. I never had any pom poms. Then there would be those individuals who could do all the fancy footwork. I wasn't one of those people. I could barely even skate backward! LOL 

Skating around and around and around...the music is loud, the disco ball is turning and "KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK". 

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

 Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations
Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)

#Songoftheday, #challenge, #memories


4 comments:

  1. I miss Skating and hanging out in them. My Aunt owned the Haltom Skating Rink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love your choice of song Nancy, that is one of my old time favourite songs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice...! thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Until next time,

      have a GREAT week!

      Delete
  3. Great song with numbers, now I'll be singing it all night.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...