Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Day 4- How Can I Love Myself More - Self Love Challenge

Day 4- Self Love Challenge - Journal Prompt was to list 3 ways you can you love yourself more. 
This challenge is tough and honestly, I'm finding it quite difficult. I've never been one to do for myself in any way. I see myself as a giver and I'd much rather do for other people on any given day. This was until I became very sick a few years ago. I learned then that it was 'ok' to say no and to ask for help.

I would be lying if I said asking for help comes easy because it doesn't. I will try to figure things out first before giving in to needing help on any level. The Day 4 prompt is "How Can I Love Myself More"? 

As I sit here ruminating how can I love myself more, something that comes to mind is - allow myself to be okay with decisions I've made. In other words, don't second guess myself. How many of you do this? For instance, after I go shopping for new clothes or something - when I get home, I talk myself out of keeping them. I'll return them and get my money back...crazy as it sounds, but that is the running joke within my family "don't buy mom clothes because she will return them"! Honestly, I don't do this anymore...


Another way I can love myself more is to allow myself to feel the emotions that come up. Don't bottle them up inside. This was something I did as a teenager, I bottled everything up. I guess it was my way of protecting my heart and myself. I would keep all people at an arms distance away and never allowed anyone to get close to me. This has definitely changed over the years.

Something I came up with for other people when I worked in the mental health field was, 'give yourself some grace'. I don't know if I had heard that somewhere before or if I actually did come up with it...regardless, I'm always saying this to other people when they beat themselves up over different situations. I need to tell myself this too.

There are many more ways a person can love themselves more, but for today these are the three I'm going to work through.

Heart to Heart Soul Creations
H2hsc2020

Facebook: H2hsc2020
Twitter: H2hsc2020
Instagram: Heart to Heart Soul Creations

Pinterest: Heart to Heart Soul Creations (H2hsc2020)




#selflove, #challenge, #selflovechallenge, #love, #inspiration, #hope, #Pinkmamasplace

4 comments:

  1. It's funny how alike we are when ever we go shopping by the time I am half way through the store I am taking things out of the buggy because I don't think I need them or deserve anything for myself. But I will buy for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "give yourself some grace" is a great one! Where that hits me is the idea of not pushing myself so much. I have a chronic illness and I constantly push myself past my limits. I am still learning not to stay up too late, not to do too much in one day, etc. But I also want to offer myself more emotional support. I realized recently that I don't fully trust anyone. So I want to work on being my own best friend more, and on trusting God more in the everyday moments when I need support or self-care. Love this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanine...

    I can relate to all that you wrote. I always expect 'more' from myself. I have recently been able to 'give myself grace' and just do what I can do. It's been difficult though to say the least.

    Like you, I burn the midnight oil many nights AND days...push, push, push. I have tried in the last few months though, going to bed before 10:00 p.m. and staying in bed. Something that is very difficult because I don't like just laying there. LOL

    I've never had anyone I could emotionally depend on and trusting - ? oh my...that's another story for another day. Again, few and far between.

    I like your statement of 'being my own best friend'. That is something I think many people need to implement in their lives. I always heard 'if a person wasn't happy inside, they aren't going to be happy outside'. Kind of like wearing the mask behind the rose colored glasses.

    I have asked myself on many occasions in the past, WHO is the real me? Definitely created a great deal of soul searching, forgiveness and making amends with people and myself.

    Join in on the journey -- we are only on day 6 of the Self Love Challenge...I'd enjoy reading your posts.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always keeping my emotions in, I think I need to work on that and let them out more. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete

Remember When

Remember when things were simple, and life just seemed to BE.  As I am sitting here at my crafty desk working on the album for the Boutiqu...